WHY DO THIS?
It’s always a little heartbreaking to open the fridge, expecting a snack of fresh berries, only to find a plastic tray of mold instead. Why does this happen? Because most fruit you buy comes with mold spore hitchhikers (that are safe to eat) that eventually turn into mold. But, if you kill the mold spores with vinegar, your berries will stay mold-free for up to two weeks!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- MEASURING CUP
Mix 5 cups water with ½ cup vinegar. If you need to adjust the amounts, just stick to that 1 part vinegar, 10 parts water ratio.
Soak the berries for 2 minutes.
Drain the berries in your colander and dry them as fast as possible to prevent the vinegar flavor from soaking into the berry. Store your berries with a paper towel in the bottom of the carton to keep them dry, and enjoy your long-lasting berries! They should stay mold free for about two weeks.