We love finding ways to keep your home organized with everyday items, so we’re pretty much over-the-moon about this 5-minute DIY project. With a little nail polish and just an ounce of spare time, you can avoid fumbling for the right key once and for all! Color coding your keys will make them easily identifiable, but keeping track of where you put them last is another story!
1. Remove your keys from their chain.
2. Select your nail polish colors and decide which key should be paired with each color. You can even try some clever color associations. Is your front door red? Paint your house key cherry. Have a garden shed? Paint it green for your garden. Pool key? Blue for water!
3. Paint a layer of nail polish over the top portion of your keys. If you go over an outline by accident, use a toothpick to remove any excess polish.
4. Let your nail polish completely dry and then apply a second coat until you can’t see the metal of the key underneath.
5. Once the keys are dry, put them back to your keychain, and that’s it!